Yess…. I caved in again. I saw this lippie on a youtube vlogger and I knew I had to get it. I have been hoarding so many lippies these days. I’m even craving for a strawberry shade now! yeahhh- they say the greed never ends!
what does maybelline say about this lipstick?
– Crisper color from pure pigments
– Creamier feel from nourishing honey nectar
– Lipcolor so rich, so stunning…it’s sensational.
Born with it ($7.49) is a softened pink-nude with soft champagne shimmer and a creamy finish. It has a light sheen, more sheen than glossiness, and it has decent color coverage–though not quite opaque. On me It’s a blue based, cool toned baby pink lipstick.
My experience with this Lipstick: I actually like “Pink please” but it was out of stock everywhere. This was a close second so I got it 🙂 This is a nice pastel pink with mauve undertones. It reminds me of baby bottoms.. LOL For some reason this seems to be my MLBB. If you look at the pics you’ll know what I mean. This is the 1st maybelline lippie that I’m really happy with 🙂 It has shimmering particles which are not gritty so they look really pleasing 🙂 Besides, hubby likes it on me too 😉
So What do I think about this????
– Reasonable cost.
– there are a lot of shades you can choose, there are 42 shades.
– It’s creamy, has a slight sheen to it and it’s a beautiful pinky nude color.
– Looks great on pink lips.
– the lipstick smells weird, I don’t really like the smell of it.
– it will make your lips dry.
– the lipstick doesn’t smooth and stick on your lips unless you scrub them before.
– the color doesn’t stay really long time.
– the packaging is bad, the red tube is made from cheap plastic.
– Would not show up on pigmented lips.
Verdict : It’s a nice buy for everyday. maybe a little better than a lip balm. But I would not repurchase it. I really don’t get the idea of repurchasing a lippie when there are so many options and brands around 🙂
P.S- This is a dupe for MAC cream cup lipstick.