Hey gals.. how was weekend? mine was an absolute dud!!! other than grocery shopping and eating out I didn’t do much.. but I did spend a lot of time with my Kindle.. which is my best friends these days… also, after buying disastrous items so many times I have come to a conclusion that henceforth I should shop alone… it’ll save me lot… seriously!!!
Soooo you can quite guess from my tone that I’m super pissed off… yup! the one weekend I really dress up and want to really have a great time, and somehow the entire universe doesn’t agree with me…. so on a saturday eve, instead of getting angry & frustrated, I thought I’d channel my energy in something I like.. So came up with this. i know I’m simply rambling and bugging you guys off… so lemme get started before I hear snores!
This is a technique specially for times where we want a smoked out look but have a doubt that we’ll mess up if we use blacks. I have this problem specially when there’s a last minute decision of going to a function/party.
1) Prime, Prime and Prime some more… I used NYX eye base in skin. 2) Apply a white base. so that the color you put above it pops out and looks more vibrant. I used NYX jumbo pencil in Milk.
3) Blend, blend,blend… As Koren would say 🙂 you might also want to use a white eyeshadow to help blend it.
4) I’m mainly using these 2 colors from my 120 color pallete.
5) Take the brighter green (marked as 1) and in patting motion with a flat brush, apply it all over ur lid slightly taking it above the crease.
7) Take a matte (or pearly) white eyeshadow and apply it on the entire length of the lower side of the brow bone blending it into the green… Like so.. Also apply it on the inner tear duct for a highlight.
8) with what’s left on the brush, apply the shadow on the lower lash line. Like so.
9) curl your lashes, apply eyeliner and mascara.. I used a crappy liner which smudged badly as you can see And as I was angry/frustrated, I removed the entire thing off… So this is the remaining of what I did,…
10 I applied a nude lip gloss for it to complement it with the eyes. I wanted to use My Mahogany, but it dried up on me (another example why you should avoid buying lipsticks online) so I threw it away…
Hope you all liked what I did here 🙂
TIP:this kinda eye-do will look lovely with blues, mauves, pinks etc.. I wanted to do a brighter color so that I would appear clear on camera and the green was calling me so I used green 🙂 Also, to define it more, we can use black on the outer V. It just came to me now.
Hello, I'M beeNii- Techie by day, beauty enthusiast by night! just ur neighborhood gal with an eye for style, beauty and how to enhance the best that u've got :) A student of life - I'm trying to learn new things with each day- whether its beauty, life, tech, cooking, cleaning stuff the easier way.... or simply chilling out.