The idea of a lipstick in a crayon form made me so happy. Don’t get me wrong, I love lipsticks. I have a quite decent- if not a huge collection. But every time I have to go out, I avoid taking my expensive lipsticks outside because that’s how I lost my 1’st Bobbi Brown lipstick – it melted in the car. Also the Fresh lipbalm- it melted in my jeans pocket. Specially if one lives in a humid hot weather like me, it’s freaky!
Bobbi says : Lipstick meets liner-get ready for the greatest multi-tasking lip around. This chunky pencil glides on effortlessly and delivers a creamy matte finish to instantly punch up any look. In 8 statement-making shades.
Cost : $26 for .2 oz / 6 g
My take on Cassis : I really liked how it looked in the swatch when I tried it on the store. It is a perfect deep color for me. I am still a little hesitant on reds, but this has a little berry-ish tones to it and does not scare me at all! Sephora describes this as “warm garnet red”. This color is a plummy red with a hint of brown. As you know, I have dark hair and medium-pale skin and a lot of dark shades don’t suit me. I can get away with a lot of n*de shades though ;). It looks fabulous over just jeans and a cute top. Although it looks fabulous with a flick of a black cat eye. I mostly wear it as a stain and I have a feeling this is going to be my winter favourite.
- It is absolutely creamy to apply even being in pencil form
- Comes in lovely 8 shades
- Comes with a huge sharpener(which I lost)
- It applies glossy at first.
- It might get a tad dry. Won’t really dry out the lips but do apply a lip balm underneath.
- I use the tip to outline the lips and then use it sideways to blend the color filling in the lips.
- For me, it works better as a stain than fully loaded.
- The sharpening wastes the product and that is the only fact I hate about crayon lippies : although, I love them!
Verdict : Life’s to short to ignore a great lipstick! [This is inevitably the beauty blogger mantra!]
P.S : I have a few brands of crayon lipsticks now. I was thinking- should I do a comparison post? Do let me know!
Want to keep updated? Follow VIA; Bloglovin’