Let’s face it, buying makeup can get expensive. And the only thing worse than the expense is realizing that you really don’t use certain products very often. With that in mind, Casey Casterline, co-founder of eDivv.com, a popular beauty sample swapping site, offers up some ways to get the most out of the makeup in your daily regimen.
“I live in a small New York City apartment, if I didn’t come up with creative ways to use the products, I wouldn’t have any place to sleep,” says Casterline. The following tips are great ways to use products in a unique fashion or have them pull double-duty.
Tips For Getting The Most Out Of Your Makeup
- Mascara Wands
- Use as eyebrow brushes or spritz a little hairspray on them and use to tame pesky flyaways.
- If it doesn’t match your skin tone it may serve perfectly as an eye shadow primer.
- Lip Sticks
- Have your lipstick pull double-duty as a blush if you realize you’ve run out at the last minute.
- Powder Eye Liner
- Add a little water to powder eye liner to turn it into a liquid for a different look.
- Eye Shadow
- Shadows that match your roots can easily be brushed in to hide them if your hair has grown out a bit.
- Apply a dark shadow to your eyelashes prior to your mascara to give them a boost in volume.
- Plain Lip Balm
- Apply around the inside of the eye with your finger to act as a highlighter.
- Allow a light mist of hairspray to fall on your face after you’ve applied your makeup to set it for the day.
- Eye Cream
- Use a hydrating eye cream in the place of lip balm if you run out. It will keep your lips supple and give them a light shine.