Colorbar True Gloss Lip Gloss Vintage Rose Review, LOTD.
It was a warm summer evening in suburban Mumbai and I was meeting some friends on my visit to India. So in between the ice teas and the yakkity yak I noticed Suma’s lips – only because she was wearing this totally gorgeous shade of lippie. and even after eating and drinking and talking it just didn’t budge, just faded into a wonderful stain. I pestered her about it and then my search started.
Even that evening we searched for it but “health and glow” hadn’t stocked them yet. after that for multiple days I searched it everywhere I went. Finally I found it in a Colorbar flagship store and even though I was being rushed and all… I managed to grab this and run.
My experience with the gloss: The shade I got is: Vintage Rose – A really bright fuchsia color. This baby is ultra pigmented. And I mean it surpasses all measurable levels. Let me state in points how I really feel about this gloss:
- Available in 10 shades. Almost all of them are bright.
- Almost all of them are really bright. almost all my friends said that they’d never try these. hehehe.
- The quantity is really good too.
- The formula is quite opaque but it does not feel heavy on the lips.
- They are extremely creamy and easy to work with.
- Does not bleed.
- After the initial gloss wears off, it sets to this lovely stain which just stays and stays on your lips.
- Most of the time, I love wearing it as a stain.
- A tad steep for Rs 495 a piece.
Bee’s tip: Even I’m scared of bright lip colors but this one caught my attention. This is the 1st time I bought such a bright gloss for myself. So what I do is: I dab a little on my lips and then spread it with my fingers or a Q-tip. Sets into a great looking Stain and doesn’t look scary too Like I did in this pic here, Wore it with a traditional Salwar Kameez.
Verdict: Loved the range and will recommend them. A warning though : not for the faint hearted.