Hey my pretty gals, Its friday – my fav day of the week!!! yayyy so, what are you guys planning for the weekend??? And what are you dressing up as for halloween? We were supposed to go to Tampa for the famous Ybor fest but had to cancel due to the weather conditions…
Yesterday evening I was pretty bored and after dinner (at around 11pm) something just snapped and I thought of doing this look…. and my hubby was totally bonkers as he saw me suddenly going in my make up corner and whipping out things and starting to paint my face…. LOL
Giving you a detailed breakdown of the look- hope you all like it!
Warning: Pic heavy post
1) Applied foundation – I used Revlon colorstay.
2) Apply a brown face paint/ gel liner / wet shadow on the area you want to work on- I applied Stila smudge pot in a brown/bronze shade. (I know it looks like mud as of now)
3) Apply a deep brown eyeshadow on the covered area for added depth. You can also apply highlight shade if you want.
4) Now start applying semicircles facing each other randomly all over the face. I have applied with bigger deeper strokes just so they can be visible on camera. you can apply thin, small circles too. I used the stila gel liner in black for this…. you can use any black eyeliner.
5) Apply a cat eye kinds liner on your upper and lower lashline… darken it so that it peeks through the brown. I also put fake eyelashes for the added drama.
6) Now apply the added effects with the eyeliner- Nose, whiskers, the small dots around the whiskers etc
7) I Concealed my lips using a concealer and applied Mac nightmoth lipliner just in the middle topped with a nude lipgloss. I was trying to do a heart shape but it kinda messed up.. hehehhe
9) And done
These are some of my
I used these products :
Hope you liked my quick halloween look!!! Do comment below if you have any feedback or suggestion…toodles!~
Let me start this post by wishing all my friends a very very happy Diwali and a happy new year! Diwali is the festival of lights and is celebrated on a very large scale in India with lots of crackers and lamps and decorated lanters… I miss celebrating it with my family and bro… but Hope all you guys are having a great time! Thus I thought of making a look just for the festive season
Hope you all like it!
1) Prep and primed my eyes. I am using Bare Study Paint Pot… I love this thing so much -will review it soon!
2) From this palette- selected shade which looks like plum/cranberry. (I need to stock up on a nice bright cranberry shade ;))
Apply it on your crease and blend. If you wish you can take it a bit beyond the eye to create an elongated effect. Like so -
3) From this Palette:
I picked up a matted baby pink shade or you can use any pinkish shade you like:
and apply it on the eyelid.
4) Take a pearly white /silver eyeshadow and apply it on the highest point of the browbone and the inner corners of the eyes. you can apply it on the entire length of the lower brow and bring it to the inner corner of the eye.
5) Take a black eyeshadow and apply it to the outer V of the eye and blend it towards the middle of the crease (This is an optional step- only if you want a little more depth)
6) Apply a pencil liner just on the outer half of the upper lashline and blend it using a small flat shader brush. also apply the liner on the lower lashline and smudge… Like so-
also, curl your lashes and apply Mascara.
7) I kept the Lips nude and applied Maybelline My Mahogany over a clear lip balm.
This I guess is quite a neutral look and can be worn with a lot of sarees/dresses.
Hope you all liked the look and do let em know if you have any requests or just say ‘Hi’ in the comments section below…. catch you soon :)xoxo
[BTW- did you guys enter my giveaway
P.S – I was just informed by my sweet bro that I’m looking horribly pale :(( People please suggest a good bronzer for me!!! and let me go raid Publix for some Beetroot!
As we all are seeing that fall is upon us and the weather is comparatively cooler which is affecting my skin a lot.. It has dried up in some places and is oily in some places.
It also seems that exfoliating & rich moisturizer are not quite quenching my thirsty skin.
So, a friend of mine suggested i use her “Quick Fix method”…I know that some you may already do this, or it’s not a new discovery, but i just thought i would share it with you as it helped me a lot.
You will need:
- Bio Oil
(Or Purcellin oil. It’s available in all drugstores. Try Amazon.com If its not available in your city)
- WaterYup, that’s all you need.
What to do:
- Dampen your face or the area that you wish to hydrate with water (I do my whole face & neck, there is no harm in doing this).
- Using clean hands, smooth the bio oil all over your damp face. I would suggest you do this when you know you don’t have to be anywhere in the next few hours, as you’re going to look a little sweaty/oily…naturally. So possibly at night, or if you know you’re not going anywhere during the day. Although saying that…i have just done this..and it’s all sunk in after about 30 minutes…my skin is clearly parched!
- That’s all you need to do. The water helps it to sink in much faster than it normally would, and it’s a lot more hydrating. It’s also amazing if you have a lot of blemishes on your skin as the bio oil diminishes them in time. I would also suggest you do this over night as a skin treatment if you’d rather not do it in the day.
IMP:Before you have any doubts – let me be clear that I HAVE AN OILY & ACNE PRONE SKIN. And this is one oil that I have no doubts about. As you can see I have finished almost half of it without any complaints.
Hope this has helped some of you! If you have any questions, do not hesistate to ask.
Also, If you’d like me to review Bio oil I can happily do so
Have a great evening chicas…
[P.S : this tip was suggested by a follower but I have tried it for a week before suggesting here. Do let me know if you think it has been from a magazine or some site and I will credit you for this.]
How’s the week going on? Its hump day Wednesday today and I sincerely hope some sunshine comes back for the weekend. It has been raining constantly since a few weeks now and the common view from my window is like this :
Trust me- its 11:15 am here and I’m sitting with the lights ON.
In between that we managed to get a decent dinner getaway at P.F. Chang’s this weekend and as the waiting time was almost an hour (that’s not news for ppl who frequently eat there ;))
we I decided to check out Forever 21 just to see the new stock… and trust me ppl they have come up with an awesomopheric Sexylicious collection….. LOved it!
I liked a sweater in particular but it was peeling and was white… I would have definitely definitely bought it if it were brown or beige! I am so going back!
The point is: I tried this cutesy blazer and thought I would ask everyone’s opinion whether I should buy a blazer or not…. I’m planning a red nor brown- anything but black /blue. So what do you think???
And how can I miss Starbucks? I love that place- gives me a great feeling I just came to know the SMS lingo : Starbucks = *$… LOLL
Ignore my funny face…. hehehe
have a great day gals and Do let me know what do you think of the blazer!!!
Dress: Globus, Shoes : Steve Madden, Blazer: F21(didn’t purchase……yet!)